You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor Emergency Hack

If you have worked on a pneumatic Microphor very much, you already know that getting the sequencing valve to seal to the vacuum breaker valve is a tricky endeavor given the seals are small o rings and the alignment is controlled by plate that affixes to the back of the toilet wall with hidden wing nuts. It’s a terrible design, and it frustrates me anytime I have to work on the toilet. 

We are in NO WHERE Montana, and that connection started gushing. Did I say gushing? The short nipple that screws into the sequencing valve split. It too is a poor execution of injection molding. The hex that is molded into nipple to help tighten it, happens to have the hex corners align with the parting line in the mold. You don’t put stress initiators like corners in line with parting lines, it is designing in a failure point.  Arrrggggh. When that splits you will have a flood. Did I say gushing? 

Oh yeah, don’t even think about epoxy or goop or magic pixie dust. Nothing will stick to the nylon the part is made of. 

What to doo in no where Montana on a Friday evening? Couldn’t possibly get the part from Mulanney until sometime late next week. 

Here is the fix. You need one 1/2 male NPT by 3/4 hose barb elbow. This will be found at any farm supply store, commonly used on large spraying equipment. Also one piece of 3/4 tubing about 1.25 inches long, and two hose clamps. Screw the elbow into the sequencing valve where the old exit nipple was. Use the 3/4 tubing and hose clamps to replace the vacuum breaker. Yeah I know, I have removed the water gap required by code, but I am not too worried given the pressurized sequencing valve. I will replace when I get to civilization. After all, what to doo when the potty is inop?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We all know what Rhonda said when Richard
Told her the toilet was broke

Been there done that
Great fix

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

I knew things had gotten too quiet on the Entrekin front! Sorry to hear, Richard, but glad you found a temporary workaround. For others, like me, who had no idea what a hose barb elbow looked like, here is one: https://www.suremarineservice.com/Hardwa...T-083.html

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Glad you got it worked out Richard! I am very suspect of the entire design of said unit. I would LOVE to be able to just get a regular drop dump toilet for 746. If I could get a little more drop in that 30" horizontal line I would/will do it.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive