You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Honda Racing 91 Newell

Hello to all, a few days ago I purchased the one under the subject title that was recently listed in Anaheim on CL last week... yep that's me that struck luck.

At any rate, hello and kind greetings to all forum members herein. Admittedly this beast is a wee bit intimidating at first and I feel that I'll be chiming in often for guidance as this is our first motorhome.

Also, I seem to be struck with a similar dilemma as other forum members of legacy Newell models, where that I feel blind without the coach manuals for me to know my way around this 45 footer; so any help in acquiring the actual User/Owners's Manual(s) and/or where to acquire them, as they apply, would be immense help. 

According to the scant paperwork that I was left with, I have an official Newell Coach Corp letterhead on a sheet of paper declaring that this is model # 440.

I did however download the one on here dated 1992 but obviously it is somewhat different from my model as it was specifically built for Honda Racing by Newell, as far as I know from its history.

Anyhow, please feel free to comment and/or provide guidance as you may see fit as I am somewhat "wet behind the ears" when it comes to diesel motorhomes such as this one, so thank you in advance for any helpful info.

Stay safe,
-Michael

welcome michael,

i live in wittmann, az a couple of hours from you in tucson.

i will email you my contact info. i have had a 90 and 99 and currently have a 02 newell. my 02 was a race coach as well that was owned by the honda indy car engine team.

i have done fairly extensive remodel work on both the 90 and 02.

this group is very helpful for sure

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom, very kind of you.

I've replied and as well, you have my contact info.

Thanks all!

-Mike

You will be disappointed in any manual that originated with Newell.

If you can find a Newell owner to do a walk through with you pointing out each switch and feature, it would be an invaluable session. Follow that with a bay by bay tour. You will find no two Newells are alike, although they all have common systems and layouts. L

Looks like you have good bones for a coach restoration.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

richard, i have started contact with mike. he is within a few hours of me.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Congrats on the Honda newell, you beat me by about 4 hours!! I was going to buy that coach even though I have 746, im in the Sacramento area and couldn't get there quick enough, the seller was a stand up guy as he would not take any deposits for it.

Can't wait to see what you do with her!

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive