You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leaky dump hose-Not good

I have a small leak curbside where the drain master hose pass thru pipe is plastic welded to the waste tank. I believe the only way to fix is to repair the plastic weld. Does anyone know the type of plastic for the waste tank and the pass thru pipe? Are they the same or dissimilar plastics? Thanks for any insights. 

Paul

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

just a suggestion. i am a big fan of plastaid

https://www.plast-aid.com/

my sewer valve was a dupree on a previous newell. it had broken at the top and i used plastaid to repair and have had no issues.

i have fixed many things with it. my favorite demo is to take a small ball of it and put it on a pvc pipe fitting and stick a penny in it half way. after ten minutes you can take a pliers and bend the penny over.

you can even color it with paint if you want to match colors. it is white.

i always have some around. for most plastics it is amazing.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(11-03-2022, 06:53 AM)encantotom Wrote:  just a suggestion.  i am a big fan of plastaid

https://www.plast-aid.com/

my sewer valve was a dupree on a previous newell.  it had broken at the top and i used plastaid to repair and have had no issues.

i have fixed many things with it.  my favorite demo is to take a small ball of it and put it on a pvc pipe fitting and stick a penny in it half way.  after ten minutes you can take a pliers and bend the penny over. 

you can even color it with paint if you want to match colors.  it is white. 

i always have some around.  for most plastics it is amazing. 

tom

Thank you Tom! I will check it out... BTW: Thank you for your post on a separate thread where you shared the purpose for the Plexiglas "thingy" (i think that was the technical term) that is used to secure the shower door during travel... i have two of them but did not know what they were used for until I saw your post with pictures! I now dont have to use the hand clamps i was using to secure the shower door.  Smile

Paul

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad