You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Salon Floor Won't Raise Upon Slide Extension

Problem solved....when I isolated the salon slide, rear lock hydraulics (due to a leak).  The slide lock position switch always showed the pin retracted thus the cycle had not completed telling the floor its okay to raise.  After replacing the seals on the lock (will post part numbers in another post) the lock cycles normally and once the pin is locked the floor raises with no issues.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Interesting. On mine I have the rear slide locks disable. And my floor comes up. My 99 i had had a different slide system than my 02

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I need to clarify...the rear slide lock on the front slide.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

it doesnt matter. my rear bed slide is a flat floor sliide too. not raised floor. same thing.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

As a followup to this discussion, I have had the salon slide extend w/o the floor coming up as well. However, I have consistently been able to bring it up only after extending the bedroom slide and leaving both keys on. I guess I could wxcept this new normal, but it does raise the obvious question. Any ideas out there?

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Tony,
That's interesting....do you have the Valid slide or HWH slide?

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Steve,
I've got the HWH. "Interesting" is a good description. I'm not mechanically inclined like most you guys, but I've not read anything that has acted like this.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Tony,
Refer to #11 above. I found out by accident, disconnecting the front slide lock (hydraulically) with the lock pin retracted the logic board was smart enough to know NOT to raise the floor.....as the normal hydraulic sequence i.e. slide lock extended/engaged, had not yet been completed. In your situation by adding the bedroom key switch to ON position MAY add another path to the logic board. I use the word MAY as a synonym for "I don't have a clue":-) as that would be a question for HWH tech support. Thinking out loud here, one thing you could check....are the lock pins moving/engaging the slide with ONLY the front key on? If not are they moving/engaging with both keys on?

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I'll check that, Steve. Good way to check...will get back! Thanks!

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Tony,

Also check your fluid level in the system with both slides in.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )