You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air horn not working

Hi all. I just figured out that my air bond are not working. From what I can tell the air horn and city horn operate independently of each other. When I open the air horn, I can hear something at the horn location on the roof, anyone have experience in trouble shooting and repair of there air horms? Thanks

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

It could be plugged up with a mud dauber nest or something else. Can you find a diagram and try to clean it?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I was able to get mine working by cleaning them up. Fix an air horn

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Just getting back on this topic. I have checked for obstructions and couldn't any thing. I removed the diaphragm(s), cleaned the seating area, reinstalled them and screwed the back covers. Still no sound. As I indicated, when I have the switch on air I can hear a clicking noise coming from the area of the horns when I push horn button on the steering wheel.
Next step will be to clean the solenoid s. Only problem is I am not sure where they are. Does anyone know how to access them? Also, which air compressor are the horns tied to? Thanks

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

If your are on the roof, I would look in the rear of the overhead cabinets for the solenoid. If they are under the coach, the solenoid should be close to the air horns themselves.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com