You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tie rods and tag axle brake rotors

I have coach 443 (1997).  Would anyone have a ballpark costs on the 4 tie rods and brake rotors on the tag axle?  Also, has anyone done an overhead tune up lately on a Series 60 at a shop?  If so ball park costs there?  Thanks in advance.

Emerson A.
1997 Newell #443
2008 Jeep Wrangler

https://supersteerparts.com/motorhomes-a...ntry+Coach

You should also replace the draglink ends. Also factor in the front end alignment when completed. So, 6 X 250 for parts, and another 1000 to 1200 in labor for th front end.

I was able to get front rotors for 350 each, figure on 6 to 8 hours labor at 130 an hour.

Why do you think you need rear rotors? YOu probably have the meritor ADB back there. The rotor and pads are assymmetric. Looks worn out on one side, but is made that way.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you for responding. The rotors show a little stress. Just replaced the pads. You just shared some good information on the rotors, so will let them go and focus on the front end at Newell. Any recent experience on Series 60 tune ups/running the overhead?

Emerson A.
1997 Newell #443
2008 Jeep Wrangler

Well, I did mine a couple of years ago and picked up almost a MPG. It's a three part job. Remove the bathroom floor. Run the overhead, and replace the floor. If you are going to have a local shop do it, then by all means do the floor removal yourself. You don't want a truck shop removing the floor. Steve Bare @"rheavn" posted great instructions on this forum for taking out the floor.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )