You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Where's the dang dongle (start relay)?

Howdy all! Looking for the starter relay to test a no start no crank situation. I was looking for that shiny can object, but can't find one. So far I have load tested the batteries (one bad one, replaced), load tested the starter from the batteries (very little voltage drop, or I'm doing it wrong). 
I am enclosing images of what I think I am looking at in the engine compartment with the possible relays outlined. Thoughts? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ⓜⓐⓣⓣⓗⓔⓦ Ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓐⓔ
1984 Newell Classic 
Fulltiming in beautiful Northern New Mexico
(っ◔◡◔)っ  "I live in a Newell, 'cause I think it's cool Smile"

Go to Amazon, search for “starter solenoid 12v”.  Several brands will show up, my 89 had a Cole Hersee and I suspect your does as well unless it has been changed.  There may be a couple of them, one being a merge solenoid used to couple your house and engine batteries together.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

The solenoids are in the passenger side compartment in the back of the coach.  Usually a starter, merge and override.

Thank you all! I found it in a jiffy! Unfortunately, when I bypass it, I get nada. 
Looks like I have power and a good solenoid. I hotwired the starter just to see if I could get a whir. Nothing again. I'm guessing it's time to pull the starter. Any thoughts (like "Don't drop the starter on your head") are welcome! Thanks!

Ⓜⓐⓣⓣⓗⓔⓦ Ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓐⓔ
1984 Newell Classic 
Fulltiming in beautiful Northern New Mexico
(っ◔◡◔)っ  "I live in a Newell, 'cause I think it's cool Smile"

i changed the 8v92 starter on my 90 years ago. it was about as heavy as a volkswagen bug. be careful.

they do make gear reduction replacements that are a ton lighter.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Support the starter from above with a belt or rope.  Use a new, high quality 12 point socket to remove the bolts if they're 12 point like mine were, so you don't strip the heads.  Have fun.