You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thermostat reset button

Does anyone have any idea about this thermostat that also has a square button on the left?!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Keith Thomas
1996 Newell #403
1997 Safari Serengeti Ivory Edition 

That is the 220 High Limit Switch for the Electric part of the Aqua Hot. If you press down on the red button, that will reset and you will have electric 220 heating.  If it will not go down and stay down, you have about a $450 problem! Been there down that!

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

Isn’t the left side diesel and the right side electric?!  I know the obvious red button on the lower right side but I’ve also just been told that the button on the lower left thermostat is the old style with the subdued red button.  That’s a very expensive thermostat!  I just replaced my control box 3 days ago! $$$$$

Keith Thomas
1996 Newell #403

The insulation on the white wire crossing that thermostat is certainly not looking good Keith. I would be concerned about the long term integrity of that wire.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Hi Michael!

Yes I thought the same thing but it seems to be some sort of residue on it along with a few other wires on top of the unit! I’ll dive deeper into looking at the culprit of the residue and check the integrity of the wires!

Thanks Michael!

Keith Thomas
1996 Newell #403

Sorry for the confusion but I meant the diesel side thermostat has a reset button as well as the electric side! My description of left side was the diesel side!
Thanks for the responses!

Keith Thomas
1996 Newell #403