You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell at Motorhomes of Texas

For those that are not familiar with the Murphy bed set up here is a Newell for sale that has some good photos of the bed both up & down. Scroll down through the interior shots.

http://www.themotorcoachstore.com/--2008...lf-625-CAT

Normally there is a large flat screen for viewing while in bed, but on this coach I don't see one unless it is hidden in the cabinet above the theater chairs.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I've actually walked a very similar unit. This set up makes a ton of sense (how much of the day do you spend in bed?). If you check out the schematics, you can see that the wall opposite the bed is already wired for a TV. The one I looked at had a couch and it rose up behind it.

I checked out the Murphy bed's comfort, and it's not lacking at all. The statement that the bed height is lower is correct, but it's not like you're sleeping on the floor. My concern was how heavy the bed was to lift down or up...I could do it, but not one handed! There would need to be the option of some sort of assist if my wife was to do it by herself.

Did you catch how many TV's this coach had? BOTH bathrooms, plus bedroom and salon, plus outside. Talk about glued to your TV!

Love the curb side dining and DS kitchen! If this had a mid-entry, I'd be booking my plane ticket to take a really hard look at it!

Mark

Mark of SJC

(03-19-2013, 05:36 PM)rheavn Wrote:  For those that are not familiar with the Murphy bed set up here is a Newell for sale that has some good photos of the bed both up & down. Scroll down through the interior shots.

http://www.themotorcoachstore.com/--2008...lf-625-CAT

Normally there is a large flat screen for viewing while in bed, but on this coach I don't see one unless it is hidden in the cabinet above the theater chairs.

I would give my eye-teeth for this coachBig Grin

I love the floorplan, the colors, the murphy bed, the big TVs - what a gorgeous coachRolleyes

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

(03-22-2013, 05:41 PM)MarkofSJC Wrote:  I've actually walked a very similar unit. This set up makes a ton of sense (how much of the day do you spend in bed?). If you check out the schematics, you can see that the wall opposite the bed is already wired for a TV. The one I looked at had a couch and it rose up behind it.

I checked out the Murphy bed's comfort, and it's not lacking at all. The statement that the bed height is lower is correct, but it's not like you're sleeping on the floor. My concern was how heavy the bed was to lift down or up...I could do it, but not one handed! There would need to be the option of some sort of assist if my wife was to do it by herself.

Did you catch how many TV's this coach had? BOTH bathrooms, plus bedroom and salon, plus outside. Talk about glued to your TV!

Love the curb side dining and DS kitchen! If this had a mid-entry, I'd be booking my plane ticket to take a really hard look at it!

Mark

Mark,

I remember seeing a Newell for sale a few months ago that had a large TV in the overhead console of the salon + a 32" TV at the foot of each sofa in the salon. So the salon had 3 TVs that were viewable from the sofas! In addition to that, there was another TV in the bedroom, one outside, and a small 15" TV behind the mirror in the rear bath!

I assume that the 3 TVs up front were configured so that the viewer could watch 3 different channels at the same time!

Could you imagine watching 3 different war movies at the same time!Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot