You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coolant Expansion Tank

Found this military surplus coolant expansion tank on EBay it is like the Aqua Hot expansion tank.  In my case I am going to replace my leaking CRS 300 coolant recovery tank on the engine.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Radiat...SwUrdbckjn

The particular part number is OshKosh 3772036/Flambeau 0621B9AE for when the eBay link goes away....

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Just keep in mind you will be reducing the amount of coolant in your tank by 50%.  I replaced mine too, but went in a slightly different direction.

Coolant expansion tank (newellgurus.com)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Completed my install of the surplus coolant tank. Was able to use the same mounting location and steel bar stock from the original tank. Had to ream out two of the four holes in the steel bar stock.  Yes it is a smaller tank by about four or five quarts.  Since the current Newell's have a very similar tank and this tank came from an Oshkosh military truck it should work just fine.  Took a local 150 round trip for a test run.  The level depicted in the picture is at full cold with full hot being right at the top of the tank.  Once things settle out I will mark the proper levels.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL