You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air Leak - solenoid?

OK. Thanks.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

On further inspection, the air leak noise is occurring in the center wiring trough above the water tanks. I can't see it, but it's above where plumbing is. In order to get further in, I'm going to have to take out the Aqua Heat overflow tank and the water softener. Then I should be able to see the area. I'm hoping the air line is on the outside and not buried in the middle of all the wires and tubing in that trough.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

Do you have a mid coach water closet? If so... suspect the toilet. I had an air leak right there that turned out to be my toilet.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

On my '98 I couldn't hear an air leak until I bought an air leak detector. I put it in each basement compartment until I found the culprit. There was a coiled up section of 1/4" tubing with a nipple and plug in the end. The plug was leaking, cleaned up the threads, put some new teflon tape on it, tightened it and no more leaks. Not sure what the tubing was for since it was just coiled up and stuck in the bundle of wires up in the middle. So your leak could be anything from factory to a previous owner.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks, I'll check the toilet as well. There isn't noise inside the coach.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513