You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Entry door won't open

it is easy to reprogram the entry door keypad. the instructions are on the forum.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

These are valuable resources. Cataloging them for ease of retrieval from the forum has been an issue for me. I ended up creating a bookmark file on "RVs" where I can store the resources. I'm on a Windows based system so hold down control and hit the D key which will save the URL and allow me to select where in the bookmarks I want it to go. Always open for better solutions.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

I'm on a mac and their app for pdf's is preview, don't remember what windows uses. Safari browser allows me to save a webpage as a pdf and I have quite a few in different folders for plumbing, heating, engine, etc. These are available offline so very helpful when I'm in the boonies. I'm sure windows has something similar.
On the foretravel forum the software allows you to bookmark a topic, don't know if this one does. BTW this forum is organized the best of all that I'm active on. Makes it very easy to find a post with all of the different categories. Good job Tom and Scott!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I'll echo the sentiment Forest. The moderators have created a very useful site filled with knowledge. As a old age newbie I find it takes me longer to learn things but I'm persistent. Your advice about how Safari works was useful too. A brief internet search showed that on a Windows system using Chrome PDFs can be created too. Life Should be the constant pursuit of the reduction of ignorance. Merry Christmas

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

thanks for the nice comments. we have done the forum with totally free software and i cover all costs of maintaining the forum. i ask for nothing from anyone and will keep it that way. it is a labor of fun and friendship for us. yes there are quirks with the forum software and at times how it works. the search engine could be better i am sure. that said, it is the best we can make it for the least cost and effort.

there are no ads and i will keep it that way. just good ol information sharing and friendship. my wife darlene picked the saying friends helping friends when we started in 2012 and that has been the case for sure.

later

tom

Hi friends,
I finally  had time to watch the 6 videos Richard and Steve did in Foley, AL at the forum back in 2019. Those videos were so helpful and answered many questions that I had about the air system. I'm definitely going to take your advice and get all of those push in air fittings changed out, I'd like to get that project finished in the next few months as well as having some backup supplies in the coach for when I least expect something going wrong.

Also is there a floor jack you'd recommend for my coach? When you raise your coach do you put it on jack stands or something like railroad ties for extra protection? Thanks again friends!

Dale & Shari Nelson
2001 Newell 45' #599 Triple Slide

i can only speak for myself.  i always put it on 22 ton jack stands.  4 of them.  I have Sunex 1522 jackstands.  they are heavy 

i also use a sunex air assist hydraulic floor jack.  Sunex 6722 that is what i use to jack the coach up to do the rivet fix.

prices on them vary a lot. so shop around for them.

pictures attached. 

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tom
Thanks for the pictures, I'm going to order those. I want the best ones because the thought of that coach falling is scary!!

Dale & Shari Nelson
2001 Newell 45' #599 Triple Slide

there are similar brands as well. i have had good luck with sunex

tom