You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Classic engine removal

Found an American Dream 1998 with a Caps ISC330 which is an easy tune to 400hp with a fuel plate and turbo adjustment, allision six speed and side radiator and working dash ac....21k cause the coach needs work think im gonna buy it and sell parts off it steal the drivetrain and junk the coach itself...thoughts? will sell the good 6v92ta and the tranny which is working still but needs attention but has the retarder for what i have into it

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad

Little, I think the rear axle swap may be a good idea if it fits...may be too wide....hmmmm may get abs out of the deal lol

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad

Done deal bought it!

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad

Congratulations! Looking forward to getting updates on your progress. You'll need to start adding photos to your gallery.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Mr. E My Mechanic is on it on Friday provided the donor makes the trip 3.5 hours...fingers crossed

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad

Donor successfully at the shop despite bad dryer, cellenoid issues and a majorly sticking and mis adjusted throttle cable...yikes

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad

So we got donor motor out of the  98 Fleetwood American Dream. Radiators good need intercoolers and oil coolers. Wiring harness is out and ready to be routed, Dynamat going in engine bay this weekend. Motor is 330 hp Non egr, non def ,non dpf Caps Cummins ISC. Have an ag power map module should be 435 hp/1100 ft lb. on map 3/ 380/950 on economy setting. Allison 3060 shifts great in donor. If we are lucky the pumpkin will fit. Bonus Time! Dash air will work and cruise control as well as pack brake....losing the retarder on the tranny is a bummer but....the efficiency and drivability should outweigh that. I do have a low hour low mile 6v92ta from a non pump fire truck as well as the original motor (needs oring etc) and the original tranny which I will let go as a package if any other classic owner needs a set up.

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad
Photo 

so motors in rear gear rebuild kit was short some shims and a bearing...gerrr dynamat for engine bay?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad