You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield 92 Newell

Is there any place other the Newell ie cheaper to get a driver's side windshield for my 92 Newell?

1992 Newell #288

I don’t know about right now, but Newell has been the most cost efficient all three times I replaced a side.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

They said about $800 or $900 by the time it gets to me. That's a concern I've, got about the Newell coach, parts availability especially as they age. You know I, just bought a Prevost Windshield was $250 No charge to create it up and about $100 shipping. Newell wants $469 for the glass $110 to create it up plus $130 or more shipping.

1992 Newell #288

Been my experience all motorhome manufacturers charge more for replacement windshields ($500 & up) then do Bus manufactures ,MCI ,Prevost, Bluebird. I think my Bluebird windshield was around ($175).  I assume just more Fleet buses produced so replacement parts are cheaper. Just one of the trade off's for a Motorhome vs a Bus Conversion. 

Might try Duncan systems they are in Indiana or Coach glass for prices.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

There is a standard code printed in the lower inside corner of the windshield that the glass folks use to order the specific windshield. My numbers are about five years old, but good for comparison. Your mileage may vary. The local glass and windshield shop quoted me 2100 to replace one side. One of the well advertised RV windshield replacement firms quoted me 1700. I waited until I had other business at Newell and they did it for 800 installed. No one I got quotes from said there was an issue getting the glass.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My experience was 2400 for local shops in Albuquerque to replace one side. They wanted 500+ to install if I bought the glass from Newell. I got the windshield from Newell & had a friend of Fran's son-in-law do the install for 150. When Newell sent the window, it was packed in a box with expanding foam. It was WELL protected for shipping.

Thanks Guy's!

1992 Newell #288