You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2015 salvage coach at copart

anyone know the story behind this coach? #1499

https://www.copart.com/lot/43479488/salv...e-ut-ogden

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218

Hello, how did you find out the coach number? I would imagine Newell declined to fix this one. Fire usually softens all the metal around it, so the frame would be bad near the fire and there would be delamination as far as the aluminum skin got hot.

I'm amazed that coaches like this burn. There are fire supressing systems out there specific for this. I remember my first Escapees rally where Mac the fireman dmonstrated his automatic foam systems for engine and refrigerator areas. I guess its not stressed the manufacturers, or maybe people say "not me" .

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

I'd love to get my hands on this unit! Tons of great parts to be salvaged

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

What burned on the exterior was the rear cap. The caps are fiberglass so they will burn. Can't tell from the photos where the fire originated. Looks like it could have been the engine compartment or possibly the closet in the rear of the rear bath. Hard to tell from the outside and no interior photos of that area. What photos are shown are lousy.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Would love to have the headlights for upgrade.

Michael and Mona Corrigan
2008 Newell #1248
2010 Mini Cooper S

Note the 74 brand on the front cap. The brand for a south Texas ranch. One might be able to talk to somebody and get some history?!?

http://www.74ranch.com/

Mark Helton
Edmond, OK
2019 Sprinter Galleria Class B
Future Newell bunk