You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Manufacturer & part number

Does anyone have the name of the manufacturer & part number for the solenoid mounted on the bottom of the 110V air compressor air dryer?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

SMC makes various filters that would probably be the same, but they are usually grey. The bottom piece with the wire attached is a solenoid valve that opens to automatically empty the water collected in the bow when the compressor shuts down. They are also types that have a float valve to perform the same function.
This filter is to collect water condensed from the compressor. But they are somewhat notorious for leaking either from a cracked bowl or the o-ring mainly due to vibrations from being hard mounted to the compressor. You could re-plumb it with a piece of tubing from the compressor to the filter to help prevent this from happening.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hi Steve,

If the coil is not shorted, repair may be an option. When mine clogged up I was able to make some mods ( can't remember the details ) to get it going again.
In addition to what Forrest says, it serves as an unloader for the compressor. It is a normally open valve. So when compressor is running the 120vac applied to the compressor is also applied to ta relay which in turn applies 12vdc to the solenoid. That closes the valve, trapping the air and water. When the compressor stops, the solenoid is de-energized, the valve opens, the water and air drain out and the compressor is able to start unloaded when the next cycle rolls around.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

It is an HWH part RAP6354. Newell didn't have any so I had to purchase directly from HWH. On 7/12/19 they were $133.35ea.

HWH phone number (563)724-3396

Ron & Jennifer Ward
2003 Newell Show Coach #643 (Racer Bus) Triple Slide, DD 60
Visalia, CA

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531