You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2002 45' Mid Entry #630

Just saw this on MOT website. 2002 45' Mid Entry #630

79K miles, $119,000K. Only 1 picture but apparently more to com. Seems like a pretty good deal, at least on the surface

2002 Newell 45' Mid Entry | Motorhomes of Texas

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

Coming from a dealer almost too good to be true without a catch. Does this one have ONLY basement air? What would be the height?

2000 Monaco Dynasty two slide ISC 350 Cummins sold
2017 35 foot New Horizons 2014 Volvo 630 herrin bed

i am guessing from looking at it that it only has basement air. i dont see any units on the roof and i see the vents on the side bay panel for a basement air. there will be a similar vent on the other side.

at the hump with things on top you are going to be nearly 13' or maybe a little taller.

but you can ask mot to measure when they get it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thank you for the comments. I know it is questionable but is basement air that challenging or plain good after capacitors are installed?

2000 Monaco Dynasty two slide ISC 350 Cummins sold
2017 35 foot New Horizons 2014 Volvo 630 herrin bed

lots of discussion on the forum about basement airs.

i have two of the double compressor sci units in m 02. we rebuilt my boards with new relays about 8 or 9 years ago (thanks russ).

they have worked just fine. downsides are they take up chunks of two bays. and in my estimation are a little louder inside than the ducted roof airs. upside.....my ceiling heights are higher in places because there are no ducts running in the ceiling.

to get roof airs i think you have to step up a year or two after my 02 (except for the rare ones with roof airs and slides earlier than mine)

other upside to roof airs is they are cheap to buy and easy to replace if needed.

bottom line would i refuse to buy a coach that i like because of basement airs? no

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Dan,

The weakness is the circuit board. Newell now has aftermarket boards that address the weakness. Or if the existing boards are intact, and external relay can be added to address the original design weakness. Compressors and fan motors are available for basement units. They work just fine in my opinion but keep in mind that the units are 20 years old, and may need new compressors and fan motors.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The owner has been posting it on the Newell owners fb page for a while