You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2002/2007 Newell Coach

Does anyone know anything about the subject coach? Supposedly, an updated 2002 chassis in 2007. Seller states $400K spent on updates? The coach has over 180K miles on it! I like it but I'm a little concerned about the mileage.

Question: Is there access to the rear bath with the slides retracted without crawling over the bed?

Here's the link> http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2002-New...-107057302

Thanks

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

Racing coaches will have more mileage than privately owned coaches many times, but this mileage is only an average of 15,000 miles a year. Not excessive to me since that is what I put on mine each year. I sold my Country Coach with 168,000 miles and it was in better shape than when I bought it with 40,000. Maintenance is the key and only a personal inspection is going to answer those questions. As to the updates I would ask for receipts and evaluate who did the work and was in done in "Newell quality". Ask for all service records. These coaches and drivetrains are designed for a million miles without major need for work---that is if the preventative maintenance is done. I would have no problem buying this coach if it was in good shape. Can't help you with the access to rear with the slides in.

PS That coach is a headturner!!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I second Steves thoughts! My coach had 168k when I bought it two years and now it is near 190k. Mine, too, is better than it was when I bought it. It all depends on the coach.

Imagine a coach that is bought new, and driven to Indio, parked and lived in with the slides out for 10 years. I am pretty sure I would rather have a NASCAR coach. These machines like to roll not sit!

Just my opinion...

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I agree with you Steve, 15,000 miles per year average is normal not excessive. Like you said the s60 engine is rated for 1,000,000 miles of service - none of us will ever reach that mark.

Maintenance on the engine and the COACH is of paramount importance to the overall condition of the unit. Newell maintenance is a big plus. I have kept every invoice on my coach and also a detailed record of oil changes and other maintenance that was done over the years. These records give the buyer a road map of what was done to the coach and when it was done. This is a very important part of buying a used coach.

I really can not tell if the rear bath is accessible when the slides are retracted. This is a very important question IMO. I know on my coach I have enough room to easily walk around the bed when the slideroom is retracted. Since the majority of the closet space is in the rear bath it is very important to be able to access it with the slideroom retracted since we "pack up" the hanging clothes with the coach parked in front of our house.

Not being able to access the rear bath closet area would be a deal breaker for me, just my .02!Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

my coach just hit 200k as well and i have no issues with that. it was an indy car teams coach.

i have one slide in the bedroom and due to the way i built my bed you have to crawl over it to get to the rear bath. however, the mid bath is accessible. what i mean is i am fairly tall, so my bed is 82" long and 72" wide. just a little shorter than a cal kind and longer than a king.

with the bedroom slide in, the cabinets on the wall prevent you from walking around it. it is no big deal to us.

that is really pretty coach.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is a very nice coach. I was looking at that one as well. I like this front nose cap treatment during this time period.

Like Tom says if it has a half bath midway accessing the rear bath may not be so important. You will have to find that out.

If it was owned by a Racer hopefully he kept up the maintenance. I am not sure if this crowd tends to do that or not. Tom can probably fill you in on that.

I would not be scared of the mileage at all if it has been properly cared for. That engine runs around in heavy trucks pulling 120000 pounds of freight all the time up here where I live. Pulling mountain passes all the time.

Gary
(Sold) 82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT 35
Vancouver BC eh!

I offered 220k a while back and they were offended and said they had better offers. However I see they still have the coach.

Sounds to me like maybe a follow up call to reoffer or at least reaffirm your interest if you really like the coach. It is amazing how offended people change their minds with the passing of time. The coach is losing value as it sits there and they know that too. People always say they have had better offers, but if they did where is it now. When I was buying my coach I was told the seller had turned down offers better than I made. He took it.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I have an appointment with Jon (the owner) to take a look at this coach next Monday in Las Vegas.

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

It will be interesting to hear your personal review of the coach by someone who has seen it in person.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531