You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air/oil separator in rear pass compartment

]$338 lesson, Hopefully I can save somebody else this problem.

This oil separator mounted in the engine bay passenger side of my model, in my opinion now, does not need to be changed. I like to keep things fresh and ready for foul weather, hot or cold and I thought I would change this filter. It was very tight, but I just thought I didn't eat my Wheaties. I got it off and decided to put better air line fitting on at the same time. 

The Filter has a drain, use it. mine would not open easily, but once open, it had nothing.

Here is the problem as I see it.

The filter, steel body, is threaded onto a Aluminum manifold and thread. Mine was over tighten and did not have "never seize" added to the thread.
As I reexamined the manifold most of my threads were missing. I can't take the chance of the filter popping off or leaking while traveling so I replace the whole assembly. I tried looking for the whole unit online. I gave up and contacted Newell and had it in 3 days.

PS, not sure what I did to change font size on some and not other parts of the post. (Font size fixed-Admin)

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.