You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Classic exterior trim

Hello all ,
Wondering if anyone knows of a source for the aluminum trim and vinyl insert found on Classic  exterior? I have searched the site to no avail .
Thanks , Chris.

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

Can you post some pics?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Images

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

Maybe direct your search for boat bumper suppliers? That's what it looks like it may be.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

My thoughts too. That's why I asked for pics, that may have been added later on.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

That is the "official" Newell trim of the day. We have it also. If the aluminum is good. there is a source for the insert to cover the screws, but it is an inferior product used on todays rvs. It's called qpn vinyl exterior insert molding trim  screw cover, available on Amazon .  Steele Rubber Products also has an item called insert trim, and another called screw track cover insert, but it's very pricey.  Steelerubber.com Good luck.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

That is the "official" Newell trim of the day. We have it also. If the aluminum is good. there is a source for the insert to cover the screws, but it is an inferior product used on todays rvs. It's called qpn vinyl exterior insert molding trim  screw cover, available on Amazon .  Steele Rubber Products also has a high quality item called insert trim, and another called screw track cover insert, but it's very pricey.  Steelerubber.com Good luck.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Thanks for the info , I didn't think to look at boat trim . I did find the vinyl part some time ago , but it's much thinner than the original . I wouldn't mind going to another type of trim if anyone has any ideas , not looking to maintain OEM originality .
Thanks again ,
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand