You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HO Engine Assist

My son is in his first year of college and was talking about hydrogen engines. They have appearently discussed this topic in his chemistry class. Anyway for kicks I googles the subject and found this site below. I sent them an email and asked how much of an improvement in mileage one could expect and is there any chance of harming an engine (especially since I just paid so much to fix mine). You guys ever hear of such a thing before:

http://www.freenergyfuel.com/inquiry.html

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

The reply from the company. I replied that I would be interested in more information and also wondered if they had references I could that have used these in prefereably a two stroke Detroit. Not sure this matters but I am paranoid about my engine these days. No comments guys???

The email reply from Tim Burler:
"it wont harm the engine at all the increase will depend on too many things to list we have seen as low a 10% gain up to a 50 % gain we specalixe in the correct unit for your rig if you were looking at web site we now have over 30 new items to soot your needs will all be on new web sight that is being built now"

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

i am skeptical i have to say.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom here is another place and same exact deal. I sent them an email as well. Increased MPG and an engine that runs cleaner would be awesome but I agree it seems too good to be true.

http://globalenergydevices.com/index.php

BTW I tried to click on the first company's URL and it could not find it? Not sure if I have a computer problem or hey took the website down like the guy seemed to say in his email..

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Ok random searching I find this document on the website of another company that produces these things called Aqua Fuel, Inc. this document is a letter from a VP of Detroit Diesel if I have read it correctly talking about how these do not void warranty of the engine and he seems to say they are not damaging and can help as they say they do? Fascinating stuff.

http://aquafuelinc.com/doc/OEM%20Warrant...%20(1).pdf

I think Clarke should put one on his coach. Heck he will use any fuel as we have seen lately. What do you say Clarke?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Oooh Todd....below the belt.....haha! I'm naturally skeptical of this stuff, but it certainly is interesting.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Ya it's fascinating. I cannot get a good bead on it. A guy called me today and he said they have built and put them in tons of vehicles including motor coaches and had excellent luck. He said that they don't work as well for really new motors because they are too computerized. He said they recently had a guy put it in his coach and he had an uptick of 2 MPG. He then disconnected the batteries for a bit at their urging to let the computer reset and analyze the fuel mixture?? When he started using it again it had jumped up 5 mph. Before everything he was at 8 mpg.

He had good answers and seems to know what he was talking about but really how would I know. He said the industry got a bad rap because a bunch of make money fast folks got into it and made inferior products and did not support them. These guys are on their 4th generation of units. He said these work best on the straight mechanical rigs like ours.

Fascinating stuff.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

todd, i am with you. clarke ought to do it first.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Clarke has already converted to flex fuel so it does just seem like the logical next step. We need to get him a "flex fuel" sticker for his coach. Everyone will just be green with envy!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531