You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Itinerary planning

After the rally we're headed to Iowa, then south thru Missouri, then to Miami for sight-seeing, north texas and back to Colorado..Any suggestions for "must see" or "dos" when traveling this area? We have my family reunion in northwest Iowa as the only planned event and then were looking at spending a couple days in Kirksville, Mo (just cause it looked like a neat small town) any ideas, experiences, or suggestions would be appreciated..

Bill

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

Bill,
There is lots of family oriented things to do in Branson, MO. Lots of live entertainment shows, nice amusement park, miniature golf, arcades, museums, etc.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Bill, one of our daughters went to college in Kirksville. Yes, it is a neat town.

I'll second Steve's suggestion of Branson. We've been here 15 years and haven't even come close to seeing everything we'd like to see. There are some nice commercial campgrounds in the area and Table Rock Lake State Park is always nice, too. The Airstream club uses Acorn Acres for their fall Rally, partly because it is close to Silver Dollar City.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

(03-16-2013, 12:04 PM)kb0zke Wrote:  Bill, one of our daughters went to college in Kirksville. Yes, it is a neat town.

I'll second Steve's suggestion of Branson. We've been here 15 years and haven't even come close to seeing everything we'd like to see. There are some nice commercial campgrounds in the area and Table Rock Lake State Park is always nice, too. The Airstream club uses Acorn Acres for their fall Rally, partly because it is close to Silver Dollar City.

Thanks for the info...the boys were online and got all kinds of ideas..Branson sure looks fun to them. I also see quite a few winerys...Is Missouri wine country? Maybe Heather and I can taste our way through the state?

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

There are quite a few wineries throughout the state.

http://www.missouriwine.org/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531