You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

8v-92 temp sensor

Yeah, I have installed two Intellitronix gauges, both failed. They replaced them under the lifetime warranty, but 2 for 2 failures is indicative of a quality control problem.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Well I checked my Newell today. It appears there is a temp sensor in each head. I’m wondering if one is for the gauge and the other is for the DDEC. If that is the case at least there is some kind of monitor on each head.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

The one in the first picture appears to have a Packard connector consistent with other DDEC connections. The one in the second picture is consistent with the VDO gauge setup.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

On the passenger side thermostat housing there is a single wire sensor that must be wired to the dash gauge . Driver's side has larger sensor with multiple terminals for the alarm/safety system . I believe that the alarm system has been defeated at some point. I hope to use the available port to install a sensor .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

Pictures of sensors . Driver's side first .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand