You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to the Newell Galaxy

Hello All. 
    We are so glad to be a part of the Newell fan club. We will be picking up our newest 41 year old Classic coach in the coming days. This will be our second motorhome and our first diesel. We look forward to seeing y’all on the highways and byways. My better half is a first grade teacher soon to be retired and I am the one who keeps stuff working... (Jack of all trades master of none). Henry is our 60lb. best furry friend who thinks the Newell was bought specifically for him. I suppose you can say he has a Newell for a dog crate. 
    I’m sure we will have plenty of questions about Newell stuff.  Our 37’ Classic Coach was assembled in the fall of 79 and identifies as a 1980 model (I would that I could identify as an 80s model... lol), although we think it is around the circa 280? Pre numbered models. However, We are still trying to confirm. We realize since every coach is unique like a fingerprint, we can find a way to continue the updates to the 21st century and beyond... lol.   I think I’ll post NCC1701 on the rear of the coach (NCC for Newell Coach Corporation). Lol exploring new worlds. One campsite at a time. Until we can find the “beam me up Scotty” button, we’ll just have to take it a little slower.   
     Hope to see y’all soon.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Looking forward to meeting you!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Mike and Beth!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome!!! Love them old Newells!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome Aboard Mike and Beth. Where is home now?

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

We are just east of Dallas near Canton.

Mike and Beth Magee 
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Mike,
I bought our Newell last November from a man in Terrell, TX not far from you.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Congratulations on your new Newell. My first Newell was a 33' 1973 with the Cat 1160, normally aspirated predecessor of the 3208.

Harry should really like his new crate, my furry friends have all loved riding in our Newells. Mine is actually nicknamed the Dog House, not because of our furry friends, but because of where I ended up.

Nice to have another Classic owner on the forum. A lot of great information here and the members are stellar.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Jon. Thanks for the encouragement. We look forward to our maiden blindfold voyage (lol) next week. We are flying out to pick up the coach this next week. Yes fingers crossed we make it back without issues. But at least I’ll have the dog house with me... lol. (I only would that I could take my tool bag on the flight. Aside from something catastrophic, At least there’s Walmart and Autozone for basic tools and housewares etc if needed. It has a repower with 15k on the engine and 8k on the tread. I’ve been rebuilding stuff for 40 years and am looking forward to this classic coach) We have read and tried to absorb as much as we can but we realize it’s a learning curve, most of all the encouragement I see among the gurus is the most important thing. I’ve always said it’s not the age of the coach that’s important, it’s the guru community you’re with that counts.

Tom, we will be passing through your area and look forward to meeting you, I’ll call you to confirm details if that’s ok.

To all, thanks again for all your replies and encouragement. We are already thinking about where our next trip will be in June. Any ideas???
:-)

Mike and Beth Magee 
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Myself and quite a few others have flown in to pick up our coach and drove it back 1000+ miles. Bring a laptop so you can access this forum and don't hesitate to post or call someone if you have a problem. There is also the Newell phone number that is manned 24/7 for emergencies. They've been very helpful with suggestions for problems on the road.
As far as tools, when we flew to get our first Newell I went to walmart and bought a gallon or two of oil, visegrips, crescent, couple screwdrivers, wd40, duct tape, etc. I figured that could get me back. And it did, the passenger windshield wiper quit so I just removed the blade.
Good luck and have fun.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337