You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to the Newell Galaxy

What Jon said.

Following the bus conversion forums, most of those guys want to go back to all mechanical, because the electronics give them hard to diagnose problems. Jon has recommended a clever solution to get the instrumentation you desire, and keep the simplicity of the mechanically controlled engine and tranny.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you for the starting point. Good luck with your rebuild

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Mike...how did the journey go? I like the classic look of your coach, now the fun begins!

Spencer

1990 Newell #234

Spencer,
Thanks for asking, the trip went actually better than expected. Found out how to work all the things the previous owner wasn’t able to remember. Even the 10 year old tires performed well on the 1600 mile journey back. Will have to replace the steer tires asap before our next trip this summer. I’m just not comfortable with that age tires on the coach.
I’m trying to confirm the specs on the 3208T repower engine for the maximum rpm for this configuration. It really likes to go 3400 rpm at 68 mph. But the temp seemed higher than I liked to see. I couldn’t get the cruise control to engage but I think it’s because it is an air actuated unit?? I found the air valve was turned off after the trip back. I’ll do a test run later this week to see if that fixes the cruise control that way I won’t be able to run over 2800 or so rpm. I I was able to achieve roughly 6.6-7 mpg with the genset on.
How is yours running? Are you going any where this summer?

Mike and Beth Magee 
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Mike,

You might want to check out the wanderlodgeownersgroup.com. A lot of them used the 3208, and they even have section dedicated to that power plant.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

darlene and i enjoyed meeting you guys when you stopped by on the way home.

glad things went well the rest of the way

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Have fun with your new coach. Please post pictures as you jump into the project.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Tom and Darlene
We can’t thank you enough for your gracious hospitality and patience with us on our journey back to Texas from the San Diego area. Y’all are definitely an oasis for us newbies in the world of everything newell. We were so encouraged not only by your hospitality, but by just being able to take a break at your breakfast table before we headed back to Texas.
Tom, we pray your knee rehabilitation is going well. Darlene, Beth was so impressed with your second floor all things sewing... hopefully we will see y’all again soon.
Mike Beth and James.

Mike and Beth Magee 
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

I am also new to the Newell world, and I’ve a quick opinion question.  When looking at a potential purchase, how much weight should I give to the layout/floor plan, vs the maintenance history/quality?

George

Previous Maintenance imho probably is most important. Eye candy broke down on the side of the road isn’t the prettiest of sights.

Mike and Beth Magee 
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)