You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Speedometer quit working

I finally got back to it and it took several trys but we got it pretty close. I went to get the mile marked out with my car and marked it two ways going and coming back. when it set the first time knew it wasn't right so we kept trying so turn on the gps and it showed ten miles off . So I over shot it to see what would happen and got slower so I shortened it and it got closer . It took about three more times to get with in a mile per hour against the gps . I ran out of time to check the trip on the speedo to see where it would hit on the mile marker. We had a storm approaching in south Texas yesterday so we had to Git !. I'll report back soon

ACR 502 1998 newell double slide 

This is just a suggested technique that will get you very close.

Use the mile markers on the interstate when you take a trip. Ten miles is better than one mile. Or use the GPS, the key is to make the measured distance longer to eliminate measurement error.

Record the calibration number you have in the speedo.

New calibration number = Old calibration number X 10(or whatever measured distance you use) / Odometer mileage reported for the test

That will get you very close. You may have to do it twice to be spot on with the GPS.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I finally got to road test and found that its 2 tenths off slower than the gps on the clock and the trip so I think I can live with that. So on to the next thing what ever that might be and thanks so much for the expert info.This forum is a life line for newell owners. THANKS AGAIN!

Isn't it nice to drive a "0" miles Newell coach?

Mine was previously installed but not calibrated properly and already had 2500 miles on it but its nice to look at the speedometer with something close to what we are doing finally. Its in my dreams to roll out in a brand new o miles Newell Coach.