You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AquaHot burner Eye Bolt Fix

Was doing my first annual service on the aquahot yesterday after buying the coach, thinking how easy it was, when replacing the burner into the chamber one of the eye bolts snapped, ha ha ha. Its darn well impossiable to get a proper angle to punch out the pin to the bolt to remove it, i simply drilled it out with care and replaced it with a eye bolt from the hardware store secured by another smaller bolt through the eye. Tighten it down to 38 inch pounds and it seems to be working great, just wondering if anyone else had this issue before? 

Jesse White 2001 Newell 582

I would love to see a picture for when I go at my first AH service.
It will probably be obvious when I dig into my AH.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Hi Jessie, In 13 years of AH repair, I have seen 2 broken eye bolts. Drilling the out with a carbide bit is the only way to remove them. It takes a very good bit, not hardware store special. I have never been able to line up a punch either.

When tightening up the eye bolt, the torque spec is 20 inch-pounds. This is just snug for most men, NOT tight. If you break off the aluminum ears on the burner, you get ot take the burner completely apart to reloace that houing.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Image attached

hbens, when you are ready to tackle the service, call me. I can coach you through the tricks of the trade to help you go faster and not shoot yourself in the foot such as breaking the aluminum ears.

Rudy 7 one 3 8 one 8 3234

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Thanks Rudy, Ill bring them back down to 20 inch pounds