You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2001 Newell 579 For Sale

Considerable TLC has gone into this coach, and I’m a little surprised to find myself parting with it.   But Heidi and I are changing our travel choices for the foreseeable future, and I’m ready to see someone else take over this amazing machine.

The history of 579 is found throughout the Forums, as Chester Stone and I have shared our learning experiences.     Reading Chester’s posts gave me the courage to take on his project for my own.   I’d encourage anyone who is interested to do the same.

Anticipating FAQs, here are the basics:
2001 Newell Coach
VIN 1N9458X8111011579
45’-8”
126,000 miles
Detroit Diesel 60 Engine, 2-stage Jake brake, Allison 6-speed

Upgrades and recent work
-       Front tires are the 365 upgrade (all Michelins)
-       Front and rear caps repainted, original Imron on aluminum sides/roof very good.
-       Front salon floor replaced with French oak
-       House batteries 600 AH BattleBorn lithiums
-       The dinette has been removed to make room for a desk or regular dining table.

I’ll provide “warts and all” description of all system conditions.    Everything on the coach works, and it takes a bit of work to keep it that way...as everyone in this community knows.

Please see attached floor plan and build sheet, and contact me directly for additional photos, information, and endless detail.

I feel that a fair offer would be somewhere near $150,000, but feel free to disabuse.
Looking forward to any and all comments.

Cheers,
Chuck

.pdf build sheet copy.pdf Size: 605.5 KB  Downloads: 127
.pdf FLOOR PLAN FOR 579 copy.pdf Size: 484.26 KB  Downloads: 203

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

Adding photos.    If you want to see something specific, please ask - I probably have it.

First rate professional install of your Sterling. Looks better than factory!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks!

Late Summer Update:
I still have the coach and would like to renew awareness of its availability. Family distractions slowed down the process of moving out and detailing, including new leather on the co-pilot's seat. Currently in Glenwood Springs, CO. I'm motivated to sell; the price will be flexible for a motivated buyer.

I would consider placing the coach on consignment or with a dealer - any recommendations west of the Mississippi?

Best Regards to All,
Chuck

If it was mine I'd post an ad in the Newell Owners Group Facebook page and include all photos, details and pricing. If that fails, RVTrader. Only thing I'd say on RVTrader is I think you have the option of a "premium" listing where you can put all the photos you care to show vs. only a couple photos. From chatting with others if you don't post all details and a bunch of photos you're gonna get hit with a ton a requests for more photos.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Motorhomes of Texas in Nacogdoches TX is one of the better consignment dealers. They're knowledgeable of Newells.
Give Mel Cordray a call, he's the sales manager and a great honest guy.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The flooring looks familiar

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

That floor is admired by one and all. Thanks for the suggestions. I was not aware there is a FB site - will take a look there as well.

Cheers,
Chuck

I've delivered and consigned the coach to Steve Bennett at Arizona Luxury Coach.
arizonaluxurycoach.com
He's keeping it clean and indoors for the next lucky owner. Please contact him if you have any interest.

[email protected]
‭(480) 923-6515‬
‭(949) 204-7589‬

Cheers,
Chuck