You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Classic gauge replacement

Finally! Found someone to do R and R on my motor. Looking to update gauges for accuracy wondering what people have used. Thinking of temp and pressure gauges that have both digital readout and needle.....and alarm set at 200 for water temp?..any input would be welcomed

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad

Good news on finding someone to do the engine R&R !
Check my thread on Classic Turbo Boost ; MrE put up links to some nice looking , reasonably priced electronic gauges . I plan on going that route for boost , engine temp , pyrometer , and trans temp . 
Good luck !

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

I did an Internet search for gauges with electronic (as opposed to mechanical) sending units and found this company selling on Amazon. https://www.maxtow.com/gauge-types/

The other option would be to figure out a way to use CAN bus and use a digital dashboard from Torque Pro, VMSpec, or BlueFire for motorhomes.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Thanks all, i was looking at these and ordered the water temp gauge. Just wondering if i can replace all with these or if there were limitations around the tach /speedo due to the motor sending units.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY5...UTF8&psc=1

Maybe some Stewart warner white faced to blend as SW is what i have now...but the lighting at night is awful

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad

If you have an old smartphone, you can load a free speedometer app on it and have a GPS speedometer.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Ha yes trying to lose my phone when in the rv...more about the restoration and aesthetics

82 Newell Classic
Beetle TDI Toad