You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Jake Brake Series 60

Hey All

So far I am LOVING the drive of my Newell. I left Albuquerque and am now In Oklahoma at the Stafford Air and Space Museum.

Have had a few issues.. but will all get sorted.

The only thing tht is not working that I woud like to use is the jake brake.

Checked fuses in pasenger footwell, relay looks OK..

Switch ON set to HGH..nada/

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Might help, might not, but after buying ours the jake brake went out and had the same issue. At Newell they said the fuse for the radar detector which i never use also plays a role and sure enough after it was replaced it started working again.... strange I know... Figured I'd share it with you its an easy thing to check.

Jesse White Newell 2001 Coach #582

rick,

after all you went through, i am glad things are going well.

keep in touch

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hi all,, I still hv no Jk brake. I've got the Series 6 with two speed Jake brake, with 2 switches one ON/OFF and one High/LOW

Could somene please take a photo or send me a color coded digram of how they are wired. NONE of the Jake manuals schematics match what we have!

Many thanks

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Try giving Newell a call. They may be able to give you some guidance on it They were very helpful in getting me the info to get my cruise control working when someone had unplugged a few wires.

Rick, I think you took the wrong route home. You should have done what Jerry Knapp did after buying 1999 Newell Coach #521 and stopped by Tom's place in Arizona. You may think it was heading in the wrong direction, but it would have saved you many hours.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Hey all!
Have my jake brake working most excellently. We had a wiring diagram for a similar coachsent by Robert at Newell. Between wrong colors and a bad switch I was up in running pretty quickly.

Yes, Tom is a great guy and amazing resource for any Newell owner. I don't like to take advantage, and learing how things work and how to fix them is at least half the fun!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller