You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cessna Shower

We have a 2002 Coach with the rounded Cessna Shower. We have purchased a replacement for the plastic piece that goes in the groove all along the top of the shower. We don’t see an easy way to install it. I have attached the assembly instructions with the part circled.  It appears to show this piece getting pushed into place.  This part is really stiff and does not want to push into place.  We are definitely missing something, but are hoping someone can tell us how to get this installed without taking the shower apart.  Thanks for any insight!

We replaced that plastic piece which the rollers would ride on and all I did was take a screwdriver pop the old one out and snap the new one in.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(08-28-2023, 01:50 PM)Auntshell5 Wrote:  We have a 2002 Coach with the rounded Cessna Shower. We have purchased a replacement for the plastic piece that goes in the groove all along the top of the shower. We don’t see an easy way to install it. I have attached the assembly instructions with the part circled.  It appears to show this piece getting pushed into place.  This part is really stiff and does not want to push into place.  We are definitely missing something, but are hoping someone can tell us how to get this installed without taking the shower apart.  Thanks for any insight!

I just took mine off and it came right out, not sure about a new one. 

I did want to ask, where did you get the part? I sent a parts request to Cesana but have not heard from them.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Pushed the new one in, but it was quite difficult to get it finally in. Little by little method worked.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Got the part on EBay - see attached link.  My husband did try to use a screwdriver but broke a small piece off.  We are going to try to heat it a bit to see if we can make it more pliable and use some silicone. 

Thanks for your comments!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166049164202?mk...media=COPY

(08-28-2023, 06:10 PM)Auntshell5 Wrote:  Got the part on EBay - see attached link.  My husband did try to use a screwdriver but broke a small piece off.  We are going to try to heat it a bit to see if we can make it more pliable and use some silicone. 

Thanks for your comments!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166049164202?mk...media=COPY

Thanks, I did happen to see that on ebay. 
I think I am just going to try to repair the issue I have with mine. I am not having any luck with Cesana.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

I bought our part on eBay also it came in a tube that had 100 stamps on it from France

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas