You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Odd Sewer tank Valve/T-assembly in Aquahot bay

Rick, welcome to the wonderful world of Why?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Large stream, no moving spray arms.

An idea that I have used is to attach a short garden hose to the flush fitting, and route the hose over the tanks and into the water bay. That way you can attach water in the water bay, and monitor your flushing process while you are washing out the tank.

Cap the hose if you do so. If you study the orig config, the attachment point is open to atmosphere. The valve is after the attachment point, necessitating the cap to prevent an open path to the waste tank.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Excellent idea!

I was wondering why not have the valve on the other side, so it would completely close off the flush system from the outside.

As it is, the plastic garden hose cap just leaks a bit. pretty nasty. I was thinking it wouldnt when/if it's replaced in the top of the tank original location, but in retrospect...probably would leak when the tank fills up to that point.

I may just reattach to the top of the tank and have the valve shut it off... unless there is some compelling reason to NOT do that.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

The purpose of the valve is to redirect the flow to bottom or top. If the hose is ABOVE the tank level, then it will not leak.

You do NOT want to fill your tank to the level that it will leak. You will be too close to overfilling and having yucky stuff come back into the coach.

Hot on the left, cold on the right, and stuff won’t run uphill. All you need to know for plumbing. The reason yours is leaking is the way it is plumbed the screw cap is at the low point in the system. Move the screw cap to the high point and that problem solves itself.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Thank you. I will simply reinstall the valve end into the top of the tank (where there is a plug now) and see what happens, leakwise.

Since I wanted to flush the tank anyway.. this is a good opportunity for testing.

Thank you!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

For what it is worth, connecting a water hose to the flush fitting near the top of the tank became too unhandy.  My fix was to extend the garden hose fitting to the backside of the door.  Now it is easy to access and there is never any fecal matter at the connection.

This picture is a bit difficult to see the whole connection scheme but the involved parts are a handmade aluminum bracket with the female hose connection, a piece of tubing, and a king nipple screwed into the port where the old female garden hose resided.  Richard’s picture shows it perfectly.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

I like the reflection of the Bearded guy in the chrome... Smile

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Gordon,

Is the PVC tank with site gauge an overflow tank for the AquaHot. Very nice install.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard, yes it is associated with the Aqua Hot.  It is the liquid recovery tank.  I removed the tank that relied on a negative pressure or suction to pull the liquid back into the Aqua Hot.  I was always fighting small vacuum leaks that over time left the liquid level low    First it was poor quality caps, then a split neck ( fixed with Roger Burke’s machined aluminum replacement ), or hose leaks suffering from the high temperature.  Now the tank is above the Aqua Hot.  Any issue now will display as a liquid leak.  In the past, the hose has been changed to high temp products such as Teflon.  That was fine but too stiff.  Now there is a short piece of tubing with the consistency of latex but with a higher temp rating at the neck.  This serves as a pinch point, if needed, in the event the cap needs to be removed.  

This whole project is a work in progress in the event “bugs” develop.  So far it is working flawlessly but time will tell.  Here is another picture at the neck area.

The tank prior to installing 

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567