You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Forest & Cindy's old coach

(04-03-2013, 11:50 PM)encantotom Wrote:  talk to forest, it was his coach.

tom

Tom, I have been talking to Forest and he has been very helpful. I was more looking for general kinds of questions to ask when looking at a '93. But I do appreciate Forest's advice!

(04-04-2013, 03:12 AM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  With the care that this coach has had and the price..you should just show up with a check and start enjoying!!

Ozarkguy, I'm sure you're right. I just like to do as much homework as I can do!

(04-04-2013, 06:11 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Forest & Mary,
The Foretravel Motorcoach factory is in town. I would go talk to them & see if you could hire one of their experienced techs, after hours or on the weekend, to do an evaluation. Another idea would be to find out what bank Motorhomes of Texas usually uses for coach financing. Call them & they will have an appraiser & evaluator they use in the area. The only thing with this approach is you'd have to make it clear that you are not just looking to make sure the coach is worth what it is selling for, but you want a total coach evaluation.

Good Luck in your search............................

Thanks for this idea, Steve! I'm sure the coach is well worth what it is selling for. I just want to be sure I know any issues that I should be aware of and there are always "issues" even with a brand-new one.

Forrest (and Mary) Clark
Full-timing since August 2012
NON-Newell owners but sure do like hanging out with Newell folks
Towing 2010 Honda Fit behind a 1996 Foretravel U295 40'

Ok here's the plan. Buy the coach, come to Spearfish in June, we'll all tell you what you want to know and More!!

Jimmy

I see that a Pending is posted on Forest & Cindy's old coach ...Mmmm

Jimmy

Hmmm...someone must have paid a deposit to hold the coach until they could get to Texas to look at it.

Forrest (and Mary) Clark

We went, we saw, we looked hard, we evaluated, and we decided that it just won't work for us. Too bad, but I am really glad we looked. Too little space for clothes storage. Less overall interior storage than our current coach. And no space that will work for an "office" for me (computer, printer, scanner). Oh well, we tried. PLUS they weren't willing to give me enough in trade to let me make the deal even if I wanted to. Who'd have thought that a 2012 coach would have lost 55% of it's value by 2013. We'll have to consider other options. I hope someone else will take a liking to this coach and pick it up. It is a great deal at the current price for the right person!

Forrest (and Mary) Clark

Don't give up. There is a Newell in your future!!
All new RV take a big dump right out the door. Best to retail it yourself. Good luck with your search.

Jimmy

(04-08-2013, 07:30 PM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  Don't give up. There is a Newell in your future!!
All new RV take a big dump right out the door. Best to retail it yourself. Good luck with your search.

Thanks, Ozarkguy. I know the new ones lose a LOT but didn't count on losing over 1/2 value. I will try to retail it myself and that may open the door elsewhere. If you know anyone looking for a 2012 Fleetwood Terra 34E that is a great coach for a weekend warrior with or without a family, send them my way! LOL

And while it may be heresy here in the Newell Gurus forum, we did find a Foretravel that would meet our needs ... if we can get rid of the present coach without a bad loss. It had the closets we want and the space for a workspace for my working times. There may be a future new coach yet. And maybe we'll find a Newell that works. I know there are lots of differences among them. I'll keep watching those that turn up for sale. We've learned a lot about what we're looking for in this experience.

Forrest (and Mary) Clark

Forest,

glad you found something that will fit your needs. there is no heresy here. we love all coaches.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Forest & Mary,
Much more important to find the coach that fits your specific needs and wants than to just focus on a brand. Like you, we tried to learn something every time we looked at a coach. Having first hand information made our final decision better. After three years we feel we made the perfect choice.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Deal pending!

Gary
(Sold) 82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT 35
Vancouver BC eh!