You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Alarm switch and Bay lock Cylinders and keys?

So.. After checking all my RV keys (CH751, etc) and all the keys I received with the Newell I have found I do not have a single Bay door lock key nor the key to turn on the alarm. The common style RV keys seem to fit, but obviously they aren't cut for the lock.

Anyone have any leads before I begin replacing all the locks??

Especially for the alarm switch.

Thanks,

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

We took our coach to a locksmith to get the safe opened & re-keyed when we first got it. I went ahead and got new cylinders to replace bay door locks that we didn't have keys for. Now all are keyed alike.

Go to an RV store or locksmith, and buy one each of the four common styles. One of them will fit. My pantograph doors are keyed differently than the horizontal swing doors, which are keyed differently than the coolant add door. But one of the four common keys fits.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
Does each one of the four keys have a number on them?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Still do not have a key for my bays nor my Alrm. I did get the Alarm to work, but can't disable it without the key. I pulled the wire from the relay to silence it!

Anyone know the 4 common key numbers Richard was talking about or where to get an assortment? Is the Alrm switch a Southco or something else?

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

My keys are 751CH and CH545.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard,

I believe mine will likely be the CH545.. I'll order one and see.... odd that the Radiator fill is an R series....Why a different key for that?

It appears that CH545 is a key blank... any idea where to source the correct cut one for the bays?

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

I don’t think CH 545 is a blank.

I literally went to my local RV store, told him of my key challenge. The parts guy said one of four keys fits most everything out there. That was 7 yrs ago, and I don’t remember the other numbers.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad