You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

mouse blocker

i saw this.  i know one time we had a mouse in our coach that we never found but disappeared.  

we tried a few things.

i have not tried it but it appears interesting

tom

https://mouseblocker.com

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

How can this be used on a Motorcyle?
“ Use the Mouse Blocker in Campers and RV’s, Cars and Trucks, Motorcycles and Tractors, ” ...
I have always kept the sticky traps and mouse bait traps in our coach and in the storage building

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Thanks Tom
I'm going to give it a try - I found a spot in my coach this spring where a mouse was living on some of the dryer sheets I put into a cabinet. My unit sits out all winter with a cover.

I'd rather use something else other than poison. Finding dead mice in the back of cabinets is just not my thing.

I'd use the sticky stuff but I get heat from my daughters for being cruel. I have to admit that I've had the best luck with them.

Anyway arrived today, can't wait to set it up - won't know till the spring - here's hoping.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

FYI: I've had both our Benz ML350 and SL500 disabled by rodents eating the wiring. Those areas were relatively easy to locate and repair but still cost in excess of $4 Grand. I can't imagine the difficulty and cost of finding and repairing something like that in a coach. I have found out that about 10 years ago MFG's began using soy based insulation around wiring which rodents like. So, my Newell friends, be careful.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Yes, rodents are a real problem in a coach - we had one break in and went after the dog food that was sealed (apparently not well enough) and tore up the upholstery on our booth dinette trying to dig for the food in the cabinet below. On the bright side we ended up with new upholstery on our booth dinette seating which it probably needed anyway...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Anyone ever try the mouse blocker?

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Our neighbour used a similar device in his garage on the farm. Mice must have thought a rock concert was happening and every mouse in a 2 mile radius showed up. I think the device chased he cats away. We use both the stickys and spring traps as well as lime. All outside, nothing inside. We had mice invade a Versatile tractor yr ago and had to replace the interior upholstery and insulation to get rid of the stench. That's when we started the lime.

Mark and Marian

1986 #125   (left us for a new home in Oregon)
1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

Regina Beach SK  Maricopa AZ

We also heard about the BOUNCE sheets. Tried them as well. Found a mouse nest in the front of our boat. Made out of BOUNCE sheets.

Mark and Marian

1986 #125   (left us for a new home in Oregon)
1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

Regina Beach SK  Maricopa AZ

So far this unit has appeared to work well for me - I keep the coach powered by a long extension cord in the back side of my property - I've not found any sign of mice this year - maybe that's an endorsement, I'm always a little suspicious of these type of devices. Looks good so far - I'll probably by another one that will run on 12 volts before long.

Just my .02 - valued as offered - John

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea