You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Owner

Very nice! That is coach #1248.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congrats - that is a well appointed coach in very good condition. You will get a wealth of knowledge from this crowd...

Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
2009 Newell 46' Custom #1261
former Foretravel guru, 93 U280, 95 U320C
Titusville FL  (The Great Outdoors)

Steve,

I quoted the Newell mechanic's statement about the 45' time interval between cycles on our 2007.  When I was visiting with Tom his 2002 120V compressor only cycled a couple times a day.  I got the impression that the earlier year models had a single compressor and although more tanks had fewer air fittings which led to leaks.  With the addition of the dual 120V air compressors in the later vintages I got the impression from the Newell mechanics that the compressors cycle more frequently.  Honestly, I don't have the answer as to why that is the case but surmised that there must be less accessable places where leaks can occur that lead to the more frequent cycling.

I'd be estatic if I could get our compressors to cycle like yours and Tom's but I've my doubts about the reality of that wish.

Bob

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

Welcome Big Cows!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Bob,
Whether you have one air compressor or more there is only one reason for the pump to cycle if you are not using any air-----leaks. The biggest difference with the newer coaches is that Newell used more push in fittings than earlier models.

"I'd be estatic if I could get our compressors to cycle like yours and Tom's but I've my doubts about the reality of that wish." Getting your coach's air system very close to leak free is certainly attainable. Start by replacing every push in fitting you can find with DOT compression fittings and you will be well on your way to reaching your wish.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

steve,

we spent a week chasing leaks and fixing them on bobs coach. didnt find them all

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Glad to join
Coach # 1679

Hi Bigcows,
Nice to have another 2008 coach on the forum. I have Coach 1223 which was produced in 2007 and has the 2006 version of the Cat C15 with the ZF 12 speed transmission. Do you know the year of your engine? if its 2006 you will have a simpler pollution control system.

I have allot of hours working on most of the systems and lots of recommendations for upgrades that can make a difference in your enjoying the coach. Most important is the emergency hot line to the Newell factory. They have always been available within a few minutes to get me out of whatever situation has popped up or I made for myself.

Best Regards,

Mike

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

Congratulations. We continue to search for our Newell.