You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Half Bath Medicine Cabinet/Ceiling?

In my half bath, there used to be (according to the plans) a medicine cabinet. Attached is a photo of the raw space as it is now.

If anyone has a half bath and can take a photo of the cabinet and the space above it it would be immeasurably helpful to figure out what to do above the cabinet itself. Above the limit of the picture is the raw ceiling with wires against the wall and ceiling and a 1" wide trim strip behind the fantastic fan.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Here are some additional photos of my empty space!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Half bath cabinet

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Wow, mirrors make for wild pictures!

I see you have some AC vents (or just pass through openings on that side of the bath. Is the top of the cabinet exposed? Looks like mine had a filler "box" and was flush mounted.

Thanks for posting!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

My 2003 is just like Steve's.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Those are pass through ventilation vents. The top of the cabinet does not go to the ceiling.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

So, I received a beautiful medicine cabinet with built in flush lamps (in the mirrors)

They had the LxWxH wrong it was listed as WxLxH  so I had to finagle it into place. Removing the Phantom Wall in front of the window wasn't hard to do, and I managed to get it to fit in the space. HOWEVER, I cannot open the left side door since there is not enough clearance between it and the phantom wall. At some point i will take the wall out again and modify it a bit to allow for the door to be used. The light is still usable on that side.

Now i just have to figure out some kind of trim piece to close the gap to the ceiling and look factory.

Anyone know what was up there in the first place? More leather? Wilsonart Almond Laminate over wood? Something else??

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

I really shouldn't have coffee so late when i am not working! I got some artificial motivation and took the phantom wall down again to wire in the 120V lights on the mirror. And while I was at it I installed and mounted the new thermostat, but that's another thread!

The lights work great...however I am unsure if the outlet/line I tapped is inverter driven. I can always change it if it isn't. Will check tomorrow...maybe.

I also noticed that the phantom wall in the half bath is about 2 3/4" out from the actual wall. Looks like just two strips, one on either side that can be modified/replaced to decrease the space and give me enough room to open the left side door. Alternately, I may be able to shave a 45 deg or so angle at the edge, re-staple the leather and gain the clearance that way. Not tonight though!

The tiny lit circle at the bottom right of the right side door is the tap switch to turn the lights on/off.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller