You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

winter stay

we are all set for the winter months
bonnie and i are getting married in a month then off to flagler beach in fla,
for a two week trip..just booked four months in yuma at sun vista dec..april 1st
it,s going to so nice not to shovel in the winter for only the second time in my life
cannt wait to go !!1

Congratulations to you and Bonnie. Enjoy your time away from snow duties.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congrats on the wedding!
When you are in Flagler Beach you will be in my neck of the woods. We are about 30 miles south in Port Orange.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

when you are in yuma, hop in your toad and come to wittmann and visit. or stop by here for a night or two on the way in the newell.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You DEFINITELY want to take Tom up on his invitation! They are great hosts and a joy to be with! He also has the 9th wonder of the world in his back yard (his little shop) - it’s fantastic!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

thank you all for your comments and happiness for our future
not sure whats going to be happening in flagler while we are there hank but if a i can talk the misses into it who knows
i feel like i bug tom enough with my seemingly endless questions about my newell but it would be great to shake his hand and thank him proper
and now todays problem..bonnie and i went to my dads union picnic today and won a 70 inch tv in a raffle..the question is where to put it in the coach or trade down for one more manageable ?? thought please !!!!!

70" sounds like the perfect size for a bedroom TV, as long as it's 4K!!

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

i guess the bedroom is where the tv is going to go
i have a welder ive used from time to time and im thinking of a goal post type setup to hang the tv from and having the top ends curl down into a j to hang on the valance..more of a steadying move than hanging from..thoughts ???

I suggest you trade for a smaller tv.

The video experts say that you should sit about 1-1.5 times the diagonal width of the screen. So 70 * 1.25 = 87.25”. This is about 7 feet. So….if you hang the tv about a foot outside the coach it should be good. (Just kidding).

I have a 55” on a lift across from the couch and it is just about right.

Congratulations on the marriage and on the tv! Buy a lottery ticket! You are on a roll.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

we have an 82 inch in our house family room and 80 in our bedroom. i am still trying to convince darlene that they are not nearly big enough. i have not won that one yet. 75 in her sewing room, 65 in the guest room, 42 in the newell bedroom, and 42 in the front, and 37 in the bay. 75, 55 and 27 in the shop (mancave, tool area and bathroom) 75 and 65 at the cabin.

thats a total of 720 diagonal inches. now that would be big enough for me if i could just combine them all. that would be 55 feet wide and 35 feet high. i'm gonna need a bigger house.

bill, how far back do i need to sit for that in HD?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH