You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Future Owners

We recently made the decision to sell our California home and travel for a year or two..  We had been looking at the Newmar Essex coach, but that was before we discovered Newell.  We stumbled upon a YouTube video of the Newell factory and their build process.  What an amazing coach. Now the search criteria had been changed and the budget has been increased a bit.    We are even more excited than we were before to be Newell owners.  Thanks for adding us to the community.

Welcome!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Enjoy the next chapter in your life. Beware of a danger in hitting the road. You may be gone longer than you think. We left Califonia 4 years ago, after 68 years as a California native. We are still on the road enjoying every day. Best wishes.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

I second Guy's warning......we hit the road in early 2012 for 'a few years'......we'll celebrate 10 years on the road next February. Can't imagine living any other way now. WELCOME!!!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Welcome to the group! Hope to see you down the road some time soon! What year/price range are you looking for? There are people on here that literally know every coach that Newell has ever made. If Newell support can’t help you then this group can!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Welcome, I excited to see and hear about the Newell you will soon call home.

Pairodice - We like the pre emissions models (non def) but would also like a steerable tag. Not certain if we can have both. I believe the steerable tags were introduced around 2003. Uncertain as to the year they started requiring DEF. Hoping that the coach we find is closer to the bottom of the depreciation curve. We are super excited to get out there. Taking it slow so that we don't make any huge and costly mistakes in the process.

Welcome! We just purchased a classic and honestly there is nothing like a Newell, we live an hour away from the factory and it is mind blowing! Enjoy future travels!

1980 38ft "Ole Girl"
6v92
Austin

Steerable tags: #671, a 2004 was first, second was #681, 3rd was 685, 4th was #697, then all after 697 had the steerable tag axle. Remember that 2004 Newells were likely built in 2003 and may have been using engines built still earlier. Newell used Detroit Series 60 engines primarily until around #723 and 724 (2005's) which had C-13's in them. #726 and 726 (also 2005's) had the C-15. I understand that 744 had an ACERT engine. The last several 2005's all had Caterpillar engines (#752 was the last 2005) although there were a few 2006's with the Detroit Series 60. #1229, a 2008 was the 1st Newell requiring ULSD, although the 2nd Newell requiring ULSD was 1251. Pre-DEF Newells extended into 2011. Interim Tier 4 regulations applied to engines in the 175-750 bhp range beginning with ENGINES built in 2011, and final Tier 4 regulations applying to engines in that power range beginning with ENGINES built in 2014.

Hope this helps.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I hope to purchase a Newell soon, If my wife likes it. We have never even owned a camper, much less a motorhome. My wife would like to rent a motorhome to take for a weekend or so to see how she would like the experience. I feel like that would not be even near to the freedom of owning and keeping it ready to go.  I have farmed all my life and my farm was my hobby. I am retiring now and would like to spend time travelling. My wife is not so sure she can be away from the grandchildren for more than a week or so. I live in south Texas and it takes a long time to get anywhere from here. Looking at 2004 and older with several slides. It has to be a detroit so I am in luck.