You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

DDEC II code reader

Does the 8v92 have to use the Detroit Diesel specific code reader or is there a modern day replacement to read codes off the ECU? I am looking to get a reader for good measure.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I use Silverleaf VSMPC. I have it displayed on a laptop when traveling. It will also read the codes when you get a check engine of stop engine warning. It will take a little time to get the display the way you want it. It's very customizable. The fuel consumption feature is accurate almost to the ounce on a 200+gal fuel burn.

Silver leaf as well. Someone on this forum discovered a reader that communicates by Bluetooth to your phone.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

The Bluetooth unit is called BlueFire. Very cool setup that will run on any Android or Apple device. Think it will run on Windows as well if someone wanted to use a laptop or Windows 10 tablet, but don't quote me on that. I think it's easiest to use an an iPad. Unsure about reading codes though, have only used mine for gauges.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO