You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Headhunter pump problems

russ or anyone else....do you guys have an accumulator tank with the headhunter? i do not have one on mine.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

No accumulator tank and I see no need for one. Water delivery is outstanding and I ALWAYS use my headhunter, never city water pressure. I shower with the control throttled back. Russ ( full timing )

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

thanks russ. i have not had any issues either.

tom

Just took a shower and had great water pressure.
Last night I ran water through all the faucets then checked to make sure the pump was not cycling on and off.
Pressure was about 65# and cycling properly.
I'll add water to the tank today once it warms up and see if it happens again.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

FYI: The Headhunter 4, which my coach came with and I still have, has a accumulator tank built into it. The Headhunter Mach 5 was designed without a accumulator tank.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Forest, you must be a jinx! I just added water to my fresh water tank via the top port. Suddenly, my pump started doing the same thing as yours. Following advice from this thread, I opened all the faucets, and left the water run. Then I turned off everything and thought the pump would cut off. Nope.

Only when I went back and made sure that I did it for the cold AND HOT faucets did it work. Oops!

Glad you are working again. But if not, I am sure that Steve will get you going!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Wow! I wonder if adding water through the top fill is aerating the water enough to cause air pockets in the pump?
That's how I did it and both times had the problem.
Guess I'll try adding water through the city water hookup.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Happy to hear your problem is solved. The accumulator tank is primarly for the icemaker and drinking water on the refer and was recommended by Headhunter. It's a three gallon tank and the pressure holds steady @ 65 when the icemaker fills because of the small amount of water used.

Jimmy

Ya know, I used to fill my fresh water tank through the top fill, and had the same problem. Now I always use the city water connection....it's a little bit slower, but I don't get air bubbles anymore.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

i am getting the rig ready to leave next week. i had not used the headhunter pump in a long time so i turned it on to just run water through everything. nothing....just a humming noise. it shut off a few times. the 12v pump worked fine.

i checked everything and it seemed ok. i thumped on the pump and nothing. i turned the breaker and off and it still just ran with no water. finally i resorted to the manual. it says it can take up to 6 minutes to get prime.

so i just let it run and walla, i had water.

like everything else, these things are meants to be used.

later

tom