You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Beginning to take it all in.

Hello to all and thanks for having me.I am Tim R from Wentworth NC,a Pavement Marking small business owner going on 30 years.Our shop and office is located in Reidsville NC.Married to my wife Kathy for 25 of those.I am a ex Private Pilot,Racecar Driver and Jack of all trades master of none.I am not a current or former owner of any type of Coach or R/V,but find myself wanting to join the club!I am here to gain knowledge for if and when I decide to take the plunge.I am almost certain it will be a Newell Coach if I do.Once again thanks for the addition to the page.Tim R.

Welcome to the ‘club’! You will find lots of great information here - of course it will mostly be relevant to Newells but we stray into other brands at times. We have guys on here that can tell you about the individual coaches according to their numbers and all are very friendly and helpful.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Welcome to the club ! You will find lots of help, and a few opinions here. Many members have a strong engineering background, and have a fearless attitude to maintaining and improving their coach. This is a very rare forum in that there is no bad language, and each and every member is here to help. You will find Newell owners such as myself, who are owners of very modest Newells, ours being 38 years old, and other gurus having late model Newells, light years ahead in engineering and design.  From time to time, members put their coaches up for sale, and in our case, we were able to look back in prior forum  posts to see what challenges, and what projects were done to our future coach. We purchased our 1984 from a fellow guru 6 years ago. As I write this we are 15 miles from where our Newell was "born", Miami, Ok.  Enjoy your hunt for a motorhome.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Thank you!

Welcome! Many of us on this forum believe that Newell is the ultimate coach. i am in love with the classics, made until 1989. They came with an assortment of power plants, CAT 1160 and 3208, Cummins 555 and 960, Detroit Diesel 6V92 and 8V92. New body style in 1990 with 8V92 and Series 60 with the transition in 94-95. Late 90's they added slides. Michael Day will have to fill you in on the rest. I had a 1973 with the CAT 1160, the features on the 1986 that I really appreciate; 12.5kw diesel generator over a 6kw gas generator, 8 airbag suspension over 4 airbag and leaf springs, leveling system using the 8 airbag suspension, generator exhaust exiting through the roof and 102" wide coach vs. 96".

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad