You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

50 amp circuit

You can build your own portable macerator setup for well under $150. If you are interested let me know, and I'll show you what I did. Been using it for 12 years.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Thank you! I went ahead and ordered the FloJet macerator. Send me some pics of your setup. I am always open to ideas Smile

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

What else do you do when it is in the 80's in December? I decided to trench in a small sewer line to a main line I had installed years ago for a future building at the back of the property. Surprisingly, it just worked out with the pitch. Used 1-1/2" DWV pipe due to the extreme length and also to keep the diameter down since the macerator pump on the bus will do all the grinding and pushing. At least it does flow very nicely on it's own with a garden hose. My back is shot as is my right arm. Bobcat did most of the work but there was still a ton of manual labor. Hope to get it all backfilled tomorrow. At least with the coach away, this gives me reasons to do other things needed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

So last weekend I finished the sewer line run and grading. This weekend I finished putting in concrete doo-hickeys around the clean outs to protect them. Water flows really nice. It is about 170' run and due to the length, where the bus clean out is, it is almost at grade which is why the pipe is high-up. Either way, it will be force fed despite the very good gravity flow. I made a cap with fittings and shut off valve for the 1" hose I bought separately to help prevent spills. Now my coach has full hookups! (Internet included!)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Fantastic work.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Very Nice Simon!
I lack the sewer at my house. I don't miss it that much because of the size of our holding tank. Other RVs I had I didn't like bringing them home unless black and grey were empty.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Has anyone attempted to add a longer shore line cord to their coach? Initially I had planned to just use an additional 50 amp cord, but the more I'm thinking about that the more I don't like it in case we had rain overnight, etc. and the connection got wet. The whole thing has kind of got me to wondering why I added a 50 amp at the house as we're normally only parked there a day or so on each side of trip for loading/unloading. Probably would have made more sense to just plan on using the gen all the time.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Brad, I like the 50 amp extension cords for when I am too far from the power post. They are easy to store and carry with me in the coach.

But i join you being concerned about wet weather. So, plug the cords in, wrap the plugs in a plastic bag taped on either side of the plugs, park the plugs on a block to elevate them above the ground and you are good to go.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Good call on the block Rudy! I hadn't thought of that, but i was thinking about water getting past my tape. Elevating it a bit solves that issue. With a bag and a little tape that would be my easiest work around for sure. I'm thinking the only time I'm going to mess with it for extended stays or guests.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

For under $20, Amazon has 50A extension cord covers that both protect and elevate the plug - eliminates the hassle of wrapping and taping it.