You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front heater exchange/register?

The blower for the heat register is located in basement compartment L-3.  Back of compartment behind screwed on wall.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I looked in what I think is L3 (passenger side 3rd bay) - this is the bay with a long, wide joey bed in it… no panels on the walls that i can see - this is behind the passenger door.  I also looked in the same bay on the driver side and there are no panels there either. 
Richard, the pictures show the middle table between the passenger chair and the recliner in the living room on the passenger side - this is where the registers are located that I’m trying to track down the blower to.
BTW, I had mentioned earlier that I found the ‘blower’ for these same registers in the table but that was before I took the box apart - but it is just a cover for the ducting.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Sorry for the miscommunication. I was talking about the toe kick heater at the passenger ankle, anyway that is what you described.

And I am confused. Are you looking for the fan for the registers under the console pictured in thread 12? Or are you looking for the fan in the toe kick heater as referenced in thread 6?

L3 is going to be LEFT side (driver), third one from the front, including the first one with all the HWH goodies.

Looks like there may have been a carpeted cover once upon a time in the pictures that Steve posted, so it may be hidden from plain site. Look for the heater hoses going in and out as a clue. And Steve has the Joey bed completely out for that photo. So the blower is in the center of the coach, behind the joey bed, in compartment L3.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Guess my memory isn't as good as I thought it was. Do you have basement airs? If so it might be in that same compartment on top of the air conditioners.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Steve describe the location for a coach with rooftop air. For basement air, look on top of the air conditioning unit located on the passenger side between the entry door and the passenger drive wheel

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Thanks guys!  I will look in the L3 bay (now that I know which one that is)… I took a picture last night of a metal box in the A/C bay (R3 - was on the right side) but it did not have hoses coming out.  Will check on the driver side L3 today and pull the Joey bed out so I can see if there are any panels there.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

The picture you posted definitely has heater hoses going in and out.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Yes, I talked to Newell and they confirmed that IS the droid I’m looking for :-)
Instead of multiple hoses there is just one big 4” hose. Now I have to figure out if the hi/low switch is good or not before busting into that box. I’m also going to check all the 12-volt fuses before going too much further.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

Easy.

Disconnect the plug going into the housing to see if it has 12V when the fan is supposed to be running. If it does, then good luck replacing the motor. If it doesn’t you can start tracing the electrical gremlin.

Diagnose first, tear apart second. Take pictures of everything you touch.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

I checked ALL the fuses with a meter to be sure they had continuity across the top of the pins - they all were good to go. Not really sure which fuse is the correct one for the fan motor/heater in the front - only found one labeled ‘rear heater’.
On the other hand I was able to weasel my way into the compartment above the A/C on the passenger side and found the box in the pictures (again). As I was pulling the plug off the box I bumped it and the fan came on! So I figured out that short is INSIDE that box! Now I have to figure out how to get into the box and fix the short - at least it’s not the motor but still have to break in there… maybe I can pull the wire harness out and rebuild the wiring in there… tomorrow will tell…

Karen & Adrian Abshire