You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying from MOT

Once we decided to upgrade we started looking at a few coaches. Mainly seeing what floorplans would work for us and whether we needed slides. We thought a no slide coach would work ok but realized that 1 or 2 slides would give us much more room and comfort when we were parked for a week or more. Which we plan to do, find an area we like then park for up to a month.

After searching online and narrowing our floorplan wants we were at Steve Magown's for a few days. He had helped a couple people buy from Motorhomes of Texas and seemed impressed with them. Also Chester Stone was helpful with his experiences. So we left Steve's and drove to Nacogdoches. I had spoken with Mel and actually put a refundable deposit to hold our '98 until we got there to see it. The first day we spent a few hours in it making sure the floorplan would work and there were no big problems then we test drove it. We spent the first night on their lot hooked up to electric in our '93. Then moved to a local campground since there was lots of road noise there. We spent the second day going through everything we could think of. Made a list of things we wanted them to take care of. Then we sat down late Tuesday and started negotiations. We agreed on a price with our trade-in that we thought was fair and gave them a deposit.

Wednesday they started working on our list. We popped in a couple times to check progress on Wed. and Thurs. They took our satelite receiver so they could change the in-motion dish to DISHTV. They were working through our list then sent the coach out for rear tires. I had told them to turn the valve stems out and make sure they put new valve stems. Well it came back with the old stems and I found that out over the weekend. So they sent it back Monday for new stems. I don't fault MOT for this since this seems to be a common problem and I've had this happen before. Friday we signed the papers and started moving in. We parked both coaches together and moved in over the weekend. They were pretty insistent for us to not leave until we were satisfied everything worked. This gave us time to make sure everything worked properly and see if there were any other problems. We did find a couple problems that they worked on Monday all day. Tuesday everything was done to our satisfaction so we said our goodbyes, dumped our tank and took off.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and they did everything on our original list plus a few things that we found out over the weekend after we paid for it. They told us they wanted us satisfied before we drove off and we were.
But the sale was "as is" and we both understood that. So once we drove off we didn't expect them to do anything else.

They do have technical support after the sale which we used for a couple things (tag switch which was operator errorBlush, and sticking check valves on Aquahot which are working now). But we don't expect them to fix anything else.
So I can highly recommend MOT they are honest and very helpful. It was much nicer to be able to trade in our '93 and have them fix things on the '98 so that we could start out knowing there are no problems we have to fix right away.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I am pleased to confirm Forest's observations. I would go back if I needed to sell.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Motorhomes of Texas has really moved up to the next level with their video of Newells that are listed for sale on their website.

I clicked on the "click here to watch video" button and watched a video (with music) of my coach for sale.

It was so good, I almost made an offer!Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Foretravel people seem to be quite impressed with them, too. We were also impressed when we visited last summer, and thought that if we went with a Foretravel we would buy from them. As it happened, we did buy a Foretravel, but from a private party. I'm thinking that maybe we might have been better off sticking with them, but we have our coach now.

I would strongly recommend that anyone interested in buying a coach talk to MOT, especially if you are new to motor homes.

Tuga, I didn't watch the video, but I just happened to look at the pictures of your coach. Impressive!

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Mike Martinkus is with them, coming from Bleakley in Georgia. He is very knowledgeable, especially about Bluebirds

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

(03-30-2013, 06:53 PM)kb0zke Wrote:  Foretravel people seem to be quite impressed with them, too. We were also impressed when we visited last summer, and thought that if we went with a Foretravel we would buy from them. As it happened, we did buy a Foretravel, but from a private party. I'm thinking that maybe we might have been better off sticking with them, but we have our coach now.

I would strongly recommend that anyone interested in buying a coach talk to MOT, especially if you are new to motor homes.

Tuga, I didn't watch the video, but I just happened to look at the pictures of your coach. Impressive!

Thanks David, I appreciate the compliment. Click on the video - it is really done well. The music is perfect for the pictures.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot