You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

70's ? Newell

I was out last week and saw this coach just West of Salt Lake City UT, just off of hwy 80. It was abandoned in this gas station large parking area. The vultures have pried the door open and started picking away at the carcass. It's a shame.

Well If it could be identified, we can mark this down as a scrapped Coach.

I wasn't sure where to find the coach number.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Wow !
Look at those cab clearence lights, and turn signal lights. The genny is already gone. Note the lack of louvers used on the engine bay. I suspect the old Cat engines were less demanding for cooling than Detroit 6V and 8V 2 cycles?

I REALLY REALLY need 5 of those copper (brown) sliding Peninsula Window panes, four large and 1 bathroom sized .They are unobtainium, unles I want to drop a couple of thousand. Never force those old windows to slide, using a suction cup. ( At least don't do it 5 times over. DUH.)

Thanks of taking the time to post !

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

We saw a coach yesterday with that paint scheme (or similar ) travelling East on Hwy 84 in South Georgia.  East of Dothan , Al. It had round headlights , so I'm thinking older than the Salt Lake coach which has rectangular as our '86 . From the pictures the coach looks like it could be saved by someone who could do most of the work themselves. Of course,  who knows what the interior is like . 
BTW , I have use suction cups to slide driver and passenger windows after WD 40 on bottom slide .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

Using some type of dry lube would probably be better for the windows since WD40 and the like attract dust and clog up the tracks later (in my experience). I think I used some type of bicycle dry chain lube on mine and it worked well.
I would LOVE to renovate something like this coach but it would probably end in financial ruin and a divorce! Lol

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Yep, that one looks like it can be saved. Someone selling it or is it abandoned?

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Unfortunately, Abandoned.

The gas station manager said the guy parked it and said he was coming back. Then a few weeks later, scavengers told them they were lifting parts then a tow truck would come get it. its been several weeks since the scavengers were picking on it. The interior didn't look too bad, but someone took a crow bar and wrenched on the door to get into it. So with that, I think it could be claiming rights to own it.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.