You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Roof AC 2 zones out!

On mine it shuts off all 4.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

On my coach, changing the switch from "A/C" to "Heat" cuts off ALL basement air.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Well, that's one advantage to the roof airs as it only shuts off two of the four.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thank you all for good input , yes we have tried thsi morning and turned AH off and all 4 units are running on diesel .
Amazing how much power they put out and cold flow of air !!! Someone mentioned last night at the dinner here in the club to crack ope two windows , just about inch at driver side and one in the bedroom for better air flow.

I did take out all 4 filiters and washed them well , tricky to put them back in, I used long flat spatula and just pushed them in, that way did not have to remoe the panels.

So its looks like the way my coach is wired any time we run Aqua Hot 1 & 3 AC unit will no run.

Thanks Steve for explanation how it works.

No I have to turn all AC units down , it getting way to cold! haha.............

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Right after disconnecting the inside sewage dump switches I defeated the AquaHot/AC interlock. I have become my own power management system. The interlock is there so you are less likely to trip the 50A breakers feeding power to the coach. Without the interlock it is fairly easy to exceed that amount of current on one of the legs of the circuit. I guess my reasoning is that I just would rather use electricity to heat my water than diesel fuel. For 6 months of the year I am noramlly at a site where electricity is not metered and is just included with the site lease.
If I leave both A/C's on "fan low" (limiting each to one compressor ) I pretty much never have a problem no matter what else I do. If I seen the girls grabbing the hair dryers I will flip off the electric to the AquaHot. If I need maximum A/C I just switch the AH to diesel and A/C's to high. I just like balancing the load to the max myself. I have good digital amp meters on each leg so by now I am very familiar with just what I can get away with. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

So Russ, the fan speed controls whether each a/c is running on 1 or 2 compressors?
I thought it automatically determined according to the difference between setpoint and measured temperature.
Just trying to understand how the basement a/c's work.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,

Yes, fan speed controls the number of compressors per unit available to run. If on LOW, only one compressor will run regardless of the difference between setpoint and actual temperature. If HIGH is selected, then both compressors are allowed to run. The second will run and the fans will go to high speed when stage two is called for. I think that is a difference between setpoint and actual greater than 2 degrees. Russ

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

on mine, there is a 1 ac/2 ac switch at the front and rear. is that doing the same thing as running on low fan?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

I still have original thermostats and my system still operates as it was designed. I have attached a schematic and logic table for the operation. If you follow it through it confirms the Low speed and High speed operation I described. I know that some have changed themostats and given up the ability to limit compressor operation with the LOW speed setting. Since I manage my own loads without the interlock between AquaHot and Air Conditioning I find the option to control the compressors running very helpful. Russ

Attached Files
.pdf AC_Schematic.pdf Size: 995.64 KB  Downloads: 12

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

I have the RV Comfort.PHP Coleman-Mach thermostats.
I'll have to check into it to see if it works the same as the older ones.
It would be nice to control the compressor selection as you do.
Another question to ask Newell when we visit.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337