You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Roof AC 2 zones out!

(03-30-2013, 07:32 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Thanks for the info Tom. As you can tell my knowledge of basement airs is zero.

Tom,
Thanks again for helping with 2 AC units & yes they are working perfect now! I spoke with Jim from Nebraska who is here as well at MCC resort and he owned 2007 & now 2010 and is ordering brand new 2014 model and he said they all ( old & new) have the same protection sytstem build in when you have AH et on electricity than two units will shot off.
He even said that whn his wife ued dryer one day and AC were on it shot one more unit, so I belive he had only one AC unit on out of four!

Man, what could I do with out thsi forum, your guys save me so much time and money!
We did have awesome solar shade put on winshield and side windows and makes huge diference when you facing sun! here in MCC many coaches had them , I would say about %75 of all coaches , I even cut to size long silver shade screen , just like the ones u use in your car ( I bought perfect size at Home Depot ) 10 feet by 4 feet and got front wishield cover from inside and one side for $20 and front windshield dropped good 10 degrees!!!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

In the whatever it's worth column, I replaced one of my original thermostats with a new on supplied by Newell. I noticed this morning that the new one also has two fan speeds, and I can only assume that the two state compressors work correctly. In any event, if any of you want to replace your with the new style from Newell, I will post my wiring schematic which is easier to follow fan Newell's.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,

If you would post T/S model and wiring diagram, there is a good chance I can determine if the original functionality has been retained.
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ, attached is a photo of the new RVComfort-PHP thermostat, and a pdf file of the wiring. I recall last summer having the fan on low and the froze with ice. Since then, I have only run it on high. Interested in what you think.

.pdf AC Thermostat connections.pdf Size: 98.78 KB  Downloads: 5

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,

I could not find an exact match to the model number you listed for your T/S. I did find one with identical appearance with model number 6536A3351. Of course, the T/S you reference was intended for a different system - roof air heat pumps actually, but I do think it will adapt to our vintage basement airs. I was unable to completely understand your table for connection so cannot say for sure anything about that. This T/S is available at multiple vendors in the $125 range and from what I can see could be used to replace the complete function of our original thermostats. The only problem for me is the size. It is wider and would not fit properly in the narrow area used by Newell for my salon T/S. If it wasn't for the width I would try one just to get rid of the annoying 3 minute wait I have now when I change the setpoint.
Here is a link showing T/S that includes wiring information.
http://eldonrv.com/coleman-thermostat-di...a3351.aspx

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004