You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Considering a 2000 Newell

Thanks for your thoughts, great catches… since Newell doesn’t have brochures for 2000 is there any place where there is build info to know what should be on the rigs in that year?

On the surface it looks like a very nice prospect!  Buying a used coach is all about condition & maintenance.  If you are purchasing from the owner, I would expect maintenance records.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

there are a few significant differences between this 2000 and a 2004 to 7. moving from 2 slides to 4, moving from hwh leveling and hydraulic slides to valid electric slides. steerable tag on 04 and up. complexity ramps from 2000 to 2007 pretty significantly.

in turn the price is alot more as well.

just a few things to consider and decide if they are important to you. 2 slides are easy to use the coach when they are in and traveling. 4 slides are much easier to get around in when they are out and set up. may not be a big deal but something to know.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Has anyone looked at this coach? I just texted the owner.

We had a long conversation last week and were supposed to see it Friday. Then it got strange seller no longer responding to our calls, txts or emails…
Starting to wonder…scam? Hate to think that but these days…
Hopefully you will get an answer but we feel better moving on to other Newell’s.

Funny the seller is responding to me right now. With what you said I am going to pass as well. How did it get strange?

I just sent him a text that I was passing on the coach as well

i suspect it is a broker or someone like that. the description starting with proud to offer doesnt sound like a typical person selling their own coach. and also saying it has a fiberglass roof means they really dont know the coach.

does look nice in the pictures. it is a rear walk in closet coach with only a single bath and no bode air door.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I just purchased Coach 553 it was not a scam it is a very well taken care of Coach i just put 1500 miles on it in 3 days

Greg Dollman 
Current 2000 553
Former 1997 Newell 443

Congrats!

Thank you Why didnt you buy it ?

Greg Dollman 
Current 2000 553
Former 1997 Newell 443