You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New 220V Induction Cooktop Wiring

Thanks Richard and everyone! I will energize the circuit today and test it out.

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

So... I turned on the power and tested the cooktop today. One burner works great! The other gives me an E8 error. Which is not covered in the manual.

They are sending me a replacement.

Sure hope it's not my wiring job!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

If you are comfortable with this, then I would put my meter on the two legs just to confirm that you are indeed getting the 220 you think you are.

Thanks for posting the result of the “smoke” test.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I'm following this thread because my coach came with an electric cooktop that I was planning on replacing with propane.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I had wanted to replace mine as well with propane, but After much thought and debate, I switched to a hybrid 110V Radiant/Induction cooktop. Of course the advertised physical dimensions were completely wrong so it would never fit in the "well" for the old Gaggenau Halogen.

Then I looked at built in 110V Induction only and didn't find one with the feature set I wanted. Back to 220V with the Induction "flex" surface.. I can use 1, 2 or both at combined wattage to heat large griddles, casseroles, etc. Even though right now i only have one element working!

I preferred the Induction over radiant because of the lack of really hot surfaces after cooking. I switched from propane due to overall safety and losing some space in a bay for the tank. And of course filling and the like.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Thanks for the research Rick, mine has a propane tank already that is only used for the 3 way refrigerator at this time. Don't know if the cooktop was factory or changed by a previous owner.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I have a dumb question, forgive me. What are you plugged into? 50 amp service, 30 amp service, or running the generator to test the stove top?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

No dumb at all. I have a dedicated 50 AMP service at the house.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Finally! Installed the new Induction 220v cooktop.

Works great!

Thanks everyone for the assists.... More info as I test it all out.

No to put the hinge and hold-open attachment back together since, for some reason, they were removed.

Anyone know where to get the same one to hold it open? I have the hinge.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Very nice Rick. Look at boat supply places like Jamestown or WestMarine for that lid support.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337